Home

Monday, November 23, 2015

What We ate last week

Last week we decided to go camping Monday morning. There is a post coming about that soon, something always seems to happen when we go camping...this one was eventful and cold. So, here is what we ate:

Monday- Sloppy joes
Tuesday- Hibachi style steak, zucchini and rice
Wednesday Italian Sausage, potatoes and peppers (This was a new one, I will make it again)
Thursday Leftovers
Friday Sandwiches ( I worked)
Saturday Leftovers or clam chowder (I worked again)
Sunday Baked Ziti

I was planning to be out of town for family dinner so we cancelled but, I wound up coming home on Saturday night so I called everyone and uncancelled. Since I wouldn't have time to go to the store I just looked through my pantry to see what I have on hand to throw together. I decided on Baked Ziti, a family favorite. I didn't have any ground beef or Italian sausage so I pulled out a pound of pork sausage from the pig that we butchered. I have used it before in this recipe and it was very good. While I was browning the sausage I called my husband over to ask him if he thought the meat had an off smell to it. I thought it did, but we decided that it was just the pork itself and we were just used to the smell of beef. So, I was satisfied and went on cooking.

When It was all done I pulled it out of the oven and it looked so good with the cheese starting to brown on top. I dished it up with a side of buttered bread and took a bite.  It was horrible! The pork gave it a greasy "off" taste. I couldn't even swallow the bite I took. So, we had carrot cake for dinner. That was good and we could all stomach it! I don't know what the problem was with the sausage. I hope it was just with that package because I have several more of it. We didn't even feed it to our dogs we just tossed it in the trash.

It's been a while since I have had a dinner fail like this!

No comments:

Post a Comment