Home

Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Salem to Boston

This was the last real footage I got of our trip. I didn't want to make my family uncomfortable by filming them so I just enjoyed seeing family I haven't seen in a decade and enjoy the few hours I had with my grandson.

Boston. Oh how I loved Boston. I would never want to live there because there are just too many people and cars and people. But there is something about the energy of the place. It's a history thing like Washington I think. Our country is what it is because of a handful of very brave men who stood up for what they believed in and weren't afraid of starting some trouble. And I got to sit in a building were some of their meetings took place. Very cool. And I love, love, love the architecture and the tall buildings.

Parking was a huge issue for us though. Dave was too tall for most underground parking garages. At one point we had a very angry and rude garage attendant yelling at us in a very thick accent. And street parking was mostly two hour parking and we needed longer than that. We always found something eventually but it was a challenge.

We walked the Freedom Trail. It was very cool. Toured Paul Revere's home, the Granary Cemetery where 3 of the signers of the Declaration are buried and saw places like the Old South Meeting House and Faneuil Hall. The history of our country is amazing and I wish more people had the chance to walk the places these people walked and sit where they sat and learn what they did. I think things in our nation would be a bit different if they did.


No comments:

Post a Comment