Home

Friday, November 13, 2015

Washington DC

This was the day I was waiting for. I absolutely love Washington DC. This was my second trip there. Sam had a detail for work there in 2004 and I was able to travel with him. He worked most of the time we were there but I was able to tour around a bit with his mom and step dad who came to see the presentation Sam was making. We drove around Georgetown and walked the National Mall and went to the National Museum of American History. The power I felt in that city was pretty amazing. You felt it. It's a feeling that is hard to describe, I was in awe. This time was a little different, I didn't feel the same feeling of power and awe. A lot could be said here, but I won't go there. Just know that I am a patriot and I love my country.

It was still a great trip and although my girls were more interested in the squirrels on the grass, I am glad we had the opportunity to take them and hope to be able to take them again when they are older. I'd love to see if that first time feeling returns.

During the trip from Knoxville to DC we drove through New Jersey, my home state and stopped in the town my dad lives in. I haven't seen my dad in 10 years, I was hoping he would just happen to be at the WAWA where we were fueling up, but no luck. Good thing is we are going to stop in NJ for a few days on our return and I will get to see him. That's the day I am really waiting for!

No comments:

Post a Comment