Home

Friday, November 20, 2015

What We Ate....Brisket Edition

I think I’ve mentioned in a recent post that since we have been home from our trip, I have been trying not to go to the grocery store and just use what we have on hand  in our pantry and freezer. I have not meal planned and gone on a big shopping trip but, I have gone to the store several times to pick up some necessities like bread and milk and then some extra things that we wanted for a movie night and maybe a few impulse buys like pumpkin spice bagels. They are so tasty. Then we decided to go camping so that did require a shopping trip with a list. More on that later.

So, What have we been eating? Every Sunday my family has “family dinner.” My mom, brother and sister and their families come over and we eat and play cards (well the moms do). Last Sunday my mom made Beef Stew, it’s my grandma’s recipe and it’s one of the bests out there. I made some Roads Rolls, my new fave, to dip in the juice. So good! We ate that for two nights and then I had it for a few lunches as well. On Tuesday we went to Tucson to visit some of the best people in the world and they fed us and sent us home with a half of a smoked brisket. They smoked it themselves with a killer dry rub and it has the best bark on it! So we ate that for dinner for three nights. I know, but its that good. I made different sides to go with it like, mashed potatoes, rice and vegetables.  Saturday night we had frozen ravioli, that was an impulse buy, it was by the Roads Rolls in the freezer section and it just sounded good, and easy. We all need some easy, right? Then it was Sunday again....More on that later

Sunday- Beef stew and rolls
Monday-Beef stew and rolls
Tuesday-Brisket and broccoli salad (the one with grapes, bacon and bow tie pasta)
Wed- Brisket on tortillas
Thursday-Brisket with mashed potatoes and corn
 Friday- Brisket with rice and green beans
Saturday- Cheese ravioli and bread

Breakfasts were  Chorizo (Mexican style) and eggs, oatmeal or bagels.
Lunches were beef stew, PB&J or brisket



No comments:

Post a Comment