Home

Monday, November 9, 2015

Brownwood to Arkansas

The next leg of the trip which was to Little Rock, Arkansas. You will be able to tell in the video that I am NOT a morning person. I wish I was, I have tried to be, but it didn't work out. I am a night person for sure.  You will also learn that I like my coffee. A LOT.  Sam's mother on the other hand IS a morning person and we were on her schedule so we were in the car driving, yes DRIVING at 7 am. It was not fun. My normal morning routine is get up, head straight to the coffee pot, make coffee, turn on the news while waiting for coffee, hoping no one in my family talks to me until after I hear the delightful beep signaling the end of the brew and I see the bottom of my first cup. And hear the daily weather.

 Disclaimer: I love my family. A LOT. More than coffee even, but, I love them a lot more after I have a cup. You will hear my poem on the matter several times during the series.....

Anyway, I got over it, but after we parted ways we had a little bit more relaxed mornings and it was amazing.

We made a stop in Dallas and went to Dealey Plaza on our way. It was there that I made the crock pot meal.  This was the last one for the trip. On day one it was the last. Sad really.  I wanted to do more but we had really long days and the last thing we wanted to do at the end of an 8-10 hour day of driving is to find a grocery store in a strange area. It really was more trouble than I had imagined.


No comments:

Post a Comment