Home

Friday, November 6, 2015

Menu Plan?

I don't have a monthly or a weekly menu plan! Since we just got back from an awfully expensive trip I am trying to hold out going to the store as long as I can. We got home October 24th, so it will be two weeks tomorrow. I have gone to the store twice to get some basics, milk, bread, eggs and fruit. I went today to get snacks for movie night and eggs and a few other household items like a furnace filter only to come home and find out we had 28 eggs outside in the coop! The chickens have either been laying double time or our daughter has been forgetting to get them. I will let you guess which. We were able to bless someone with two dozen eggs so it worked out wonderfully.

What have we been eating you ask?

Salisbury steaks, mashed potatoes and corn
Pizza-- twice
A ham steak and scalloped potato casserole-twice
Ranch chicken thighs with roasted potatoes and green beans (a new favorite!)
Spaghetti with meat sauce
Easy Red Enchiladas with beef and topped with an egg (YUM)
White turkey chili-twice
Rump Roast, mashed potatoes and green beans-twice
Sandwiches
Broccoli Soup

Breakfasts have been:
Instant Oatmeal
Chorizo and eggs
Pancakes

Lunches have been:
Left overs
Spam Sandwiches (Sam's favorite)
PB&J's
Pizza

I am using a lot of my pantry items and stuff form my freezer. I think I am going to see how long I can go before doing a big shopping trip....just for fun. Of course not sacrificing nutrition. I have a ton of pork left from when we butchered our pig, but I have to say I am not a fan of fresh ham steaks and I have a lot of them and fresh bacon and ham roasts. I don't know what to do with them, maybe smoke them?? 

No comments:

Post a Comment