Home

Monday, November 16, 2015

DC to Salem

We took an epic road trip, dubbed the "OCD Road Trip," from New Mexico to Boston, MA. We met up with my husbands mom and niece and hit the road.

On this leg of the trip we traveled from Washington DC to Salem. It was a long day and I was very happy to arrive at  our overpriced hotel that night. We had a super hard time finding a place to eat. Not knowing the area, it being night time and dealing with not straight forward highway systems made it difficult. After about an hour of wrong turns and searching for a place that was still serving we ended up at a Sonic a block away from our hotel. We did get to see some nice residential areas though.

Salem was a neat place. I really enjoyed it. When I was in high school I did my Junior research paper on the Salem Witch Hunt. My paper was over a week late and I still got an A- on it. I was super proud of that paper. I wish I had it. We did not get to go to the Witch Museum, that was a bummer. Sam went back in 2001 and he said it wasn't great but I still would have like to have seen it. My daughters were so excited to go to it though and disappointed that we missed it.  This was Halloween town to them. The place was decked out for the season. But what they didn't understand was what kind of witches it was about. They were thinking green face, hairy mole type witch. They couldn't get it. I found an age appropriate book for them on the subject that I may read to them, I need to read it first though.

We went on a cruise of the Wharf, it was a lighthouse and foliage cruise. That was awesome and right up my mother in law's alley. This trip was all about seeing the changing of the leaves and they were beautiful! Stunning. So far being on that water has been my favorite part of the trip. There was even brief talk of selling it all and buying a houseboat. Like I said, it was brief.

Enjoy!







No comments:

Post a Comment