Home

Tuesday, November 3, 2015

I'm Back!!

Back to the Blog and back to real life. We took an epic road trip, that was dubbed the "OCD Road Trip," traveling from New Mexico to Boston! My husband's mom wanted to see the changing of the leaves, it was a bucket list kinda of thing for her. So, we left on October 8th, headed for Texas to meet up with Sam's mom and niece then we started out on our trip. The original plan was to go to Maine but, somehow that changed to Salem, MA. We made stops in Little Rock, Memphis, Nashville, Washington D.C.,  and Salem of course. Once our time with his mom and niece was up we continued on with our little family. We went to Boston, back to Washington for another day then to New Jersey to visit my family I haven't seen in a decade, then we headed to Mississippi to visit our daughter, her boyfriend and our grandson. We had planned on making two more stops in Texas before heading home but the hurricane (Patricia?) cut our plans short. We were on the road for 17 days and honestly I was ready to come home anyway so it worked out! 

I vlogged the whole thing and will be sharing it with you! This first video is us prepping to leave. I had the great idea (I am saying "great idea" in a mix of, it really was a good idea and sarcasm) of cooking food in a crock pot along the way to save money and to be able to eat healthier on our trip. I told my husband my idea and he loved the idea and put a two battery system and inverter on Dav (said, Dave, he is our van) so we could do it. I have to say it wasn't my idea, I saw it on Pinterest, it really is a good idea, it was just harder to pull off than I thought. I got some other good ideas on Pinterest too, you'll have to watch to find out what they are.....





No comments:

Post a Comment