Home

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

What We Ate Last Week and other stuff...

Monday we had Chicken Divan and Rice, our son came over and ate with us and then he and Sam headed over to the "other" house to work on the back porch. They are putting on a new roof.
Tuesday, Sam and I went out of town for the day and ate at Chick-Fil-A and just snacked that night.
Wednesday I made Salmon Patties, mac n cheese and green beans from the garden. Yum. Sam really liked the salmon patties, and even he was surprised. I love making things he wasn't fond of when he was a child and he likes them.
Thursday was the day I was putting up squash and got an overnight placement. I had planned on having leftovers but got the call for the kiddos, so I had to come up with something fast. I decided on BBQ chicken in the oven, mashed potatoes I so brilliantly made and froze and fried zucchini and yellow squash. The potatoes were almost thawed, the squash all but done and I check the chicken that I put in the electric roaster. Ok the roaster. I use the roaster whenever I can during the summer because it is SOO hot and the roaster doesn't heat up the house like the regular oven does and it used something like 71% less electricity. Anyway I open the lid and it was still frozen! The kids were hungry....I was hungry. I realized that the lid was letting some heat escape so I grabbed the random random blue towel of my dinning room table and draped it over the roaster.

It looked really bad but worked really well. I jacked up the heat and it was done in no time.
Friday we didn't got out on a date and I can't even remember what we ate so it wasn't anything spectacular!! I do remember there were cookies though =)
Saturday was church work day at church and the women got together to prepare the food that we are going to make for the Women's Conference in September. We are responsible for cooking for 200 women. Its gonna be fun. We are going with Argentinian food. Chicken with Chimi Churry, really yummy black beans, salad and homemade bread. So today we made the food so all the women (and men) can try it and see how it is prepared. So that was our big meal of the day. That evening I made zucchini fries coated in Italian breadcrumbs and panko. Very good. I also fried some green beans, I've always wanted to do that... and I'm not a fan. Black olives, yeah don't bread and fry them. Not so good.
After we were done eating I was doing dishes and Sam was working on tiling our bathroom counter (looks great by the way) and I got a call for another placement. Just one this time.
Sunday we had Ratatouille wraps again, per the request of my buddy Deanna. There that good.

Jen=)

No comments:

Post a Comment