Home

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

What We Ate Last Week


Since the huge turkey recall I have really had to think outside the box for our meals. We don't eat beef and very little pork and you can't eat chicken every night..... And now its just Sam and I. Our foster placement was moved a week ago today. (Our house has been very quiet)  I quickly realized I don't have to prepare near as much food as I used to. Really, 3 to 4 meals a week is all I have to make because of leftovers. So,  the whole meal planning system I came up with and have been using is being put to the side for right now. At least until we get our next foster care placement.  This week I made two vegetarian meals and they went over really well and I'm glad for that because Sam has a lot more of those in his future!

Monday      Spaghetti w/ ground turkey & bread  (pre-recall)
Tuesday      Fend for yourself night (very busy day!)
Wednesday Lentil Burritos with homemade salsa
Thursday    Leftovers
Friday         Date night out Chinese food
Saturday     Ratatouille wraps (mmmmmm....)
Sunday       Ratatouille wraps ( we invited friends over and made them again they were so good!)

 Yes date night. We've had date night two Fridays in a row... its been a while since that's happened! We went for Chinese and saw Cowboys and Aliens which was very good, even though I really dislike anything sci fi-ish. But I guess Daniel Craig and Harrison Ford kinda overshadowed the sci fi-ness of of.   Go see it!

Jen =)                              
                                            




No comments:

Post a Comment