Home

Friday, August 12, 2011

My Yesterday....

This is how I spent my yesterday


Putting up all of this squash.
 (Please excuse my checkbook, the random blue towel  and the creme horn in the zip lock baggie.)

I planned my afternoon around this squash.....

But I only got this far, then I got a phone call from CYFD for a 
new placement of three kiddos.  
(Please excuse the wrinkle in the table cloth, the electric skillet
 and other random things on the corner of my table ;) )

                                                                           
                                 So I quickly cleaned up the massive mess I created while doing this....

Blanched zucchini, summer and patty pan quash  
 It turned out to be a great spot to stop because, as it was, I had to do some rearranging and take a chicken out of the freezer to fit it all in there. Guess what we are having for dinner tomorrow?? The rest of the squash was bagged up to give away to people at Sam's office, except for the four yellow squash and one zucchini, along with an onion I used to make the really tasty fried squash dish my Meema used to make. She started hers off with bacon drippings but since I am having to force myself to get off the couch to do the "couch to 5k running program," because I NEED too, I decided to go with good old Olive Oil.  If you don't think about the bacon fat you don't really miss it.... much.


                                Check this guy out. It got missed, I don't know how, but it did.
                                                           Don't think it looks that big??
                                                                      
                                                                          Look again.

                                        This is the same one put besides a normal sized Patty Pan.
                                                     That sucker weighed in at almost 3 lbs.



             Well it turned out the be a good night even though the bbq chicken I made for dinner took
                                              forever to cook, that story on another day.    

                                                                          Jen =)

No comments:

Post a Comment