Home

Monday, July 18, 2011

What we ate last week

For some reason I have found it very hard to stick to my menus, usually not a problem for me. So I decided to do a "What we ate last week" post instead of the "Menu Plan Monday" posts. This is what was for dinner at our house last week.

Monday   Green chicken chile enchiladas and spanish rice (casserole)
Tuesday   Homemade pizza with homemade sauce             ("other")
Wed         Mexican lasagna                                                  (casserole)
Thursday Chicken Spaghetti                                                (chicken)
Friday      Vegetarian Korna (an indian dish)                       (vegetarian)
Saturday   Meatloaf, mashed potatoes, corn and salad          (birthday)
Sunday     Leftovers

Yes I know, ground beef on my kitchen table?? Well it wouldn't have been except is was our son's birthday and it was his requested birthday dinner. He's worth it. :)  I bought the meat at our local meat market, they grind their own beef there. That is a little better than commercially ground beef with fillers and ammonia in it. So, I took a bite. I tried. I really tried to eat it and I just couldn't! It did smell really good though. I have got to perfect turkey meatloaf because I love a meatloaf sandwich. They remind me of my Mema.

1 comment:

  1. Haha! Hey you tried, so nobody can give you crap for it! I love meatloaf too. I made stuffed cabbage and used the extra meat for a loaf (it was turkey too, youd be proud) but it turned out to be cabbage roll filling in a pan- NOT meat loaf :P

    I like that you can throw things together without a menu, using what you have. Its resourceful, and shows that you are at home in your kitchen.

    ReplyDelete