Home

Friday, June 19, 2015

Summer Break; Week One

Why not make a play dough snowman on your first day of summer  break?  

During our first week of summer we slept a little later, made homemade play dough and flubber, watched a little extra tv and stayed up late. I really have to fight the urge not to send them to bed at 8 O'clock. Sharp. I really want to but it's still daylight so I haven't. I am one of those moms that needs a little no kid time in the evenings just to chill out and relax. Maybe even an uninterrupted conversation with the husband. 

My girls are twins and they seriously could not be more different. One is blond, the other brunette. One is right handed, the other left. One has straight hair, the other curly. And the list goes on but I'll spare you. We went to the library this week and they were able to pick out four books each. One picks out cutesy little books like What if You Give a Mouse a Cupcake and the other picks out books like The History of Time. Could not be more different!! I am just glad they like to go to the library and pick out books. Score. 

We also got to do something really cool as a family. Like once in a lifetime kinda cool,  well for the average Joe anyway,  I don't want to talk about it now but I will soon and maybe one day you will be able to see it, if we make the final cut. Fingers crossed. :)

I am looking forward to more weeks of summer break. As of June 30th I will be free from one of my jobs so I will have lots more time to do things I want to do. I am planning some sewing projects with the girls, I want to paint my living room and totally revamp my office that is in shambles. And I have a freezer full of goat milk that wants to be turned into yogurt and cheese. I may not be a farm girl but I know my way around the kitchen so that should be fun. I'll tell you all about it. 

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment