Home

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

My Voting Experience

I voted yesterday!
 It was amazing to exercise that right, it was my first time.  I was expecting to have to wait in line at the polls, but that wasn't the case. Our precinct had only three voting booths and Sam and I got right in.  Since it was my first time I wasn't familiar with the process so Sam brought home a sample ballot and I looked it over. He told me when I am done filling in the ballot to fold in and put it in the box..... Well, when I was done, I folded the ballot before I stepped away from the booth, I looked around for the drop box and didn't see one. Then I saw what looked like a copy machine with a sign with a large red arrow "put voted ballots here" so I did. This lady stands up and says LOUDLY, "Your not supposed to fold it!" I looked at her and said "OH" and looked beyond her to the line of people waiting to vote, staring at me and my folded ballot! Ugh. So I quickly unfold it while the lady says, "I don't know if it will take it." But much to my delight it took it!  Then I hurried out of the building, excusing myself passed all of the waiting voters, red faced I'm sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment